ANNOUNCEMENT!!! SEASON 2020 YOU WILL NEED A MOTORSPORT UK COMPETITION LICENCE
MOTORSPORT UK & CLUB100
In 2018 Motorsport UK, the UK’s governing body for all forms of motorsport on 4 wheels, gave CLUB100 ‘Recognised Status’ for season 2019.
Today we announce we have been invited to become a fully fledged member of the diverse community of 720+ affiliated motor clubs to Motorsport UK for 2020. We are honoured to become established, like any other ‘bricks and mortar’ club, as part of an organisation that has links all the way up to the CIK and the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA).
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR CLUB100?
Aside from the credibility and kudos this will bring to our club, through the permit, we automatically fall under the governing body’s £100,000,000 public liability insurance policy. A massive increase from our miserly £5,000,000 PL cover!
This affiliation will also encourage us to ‘sharpen our tools’ even more, to ensure the events are run to the expected standard Motorsport UK expects and demands.
However, let’s not forget the reason why they have chosen Club100 in the first place. Our great history in delivering a rapid racing machine and great racing every time!
THE K-X LICENCE
This is a new licence type, specific for the ‘Arrive & Drive’ market. Club100 will be the sole pioneers to utilise this competition licence in 2020. The licence is restricted to Club100 only and cannot be used to compete in other competitions. Going forward, Motorsport UK will be inviting other ‘well organised’ arrive & drive championships to sign up.
CHAMPIONSHIPS TO RUN UNDER PERMIT / LICENCE
The Endurance, Sprint 60, Sprint and Young Drivers (YDC) Championships will all run under permit, meaning all drivers will need a K-X licence to race.
All other championships, including the British Universities Championship (BUKC) will continue to run as normal with no change. Meaning no licence is required.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR THE DRIVER?
This is where it gets good! The benefits to you are nothing short of amazing.
All Motorsport UK licence holders automatically qualify for Personal Accident Insurance (limited to £50,000). This includes K-X licence holders.
Other benefits include:
- 10% discount in Halfords stores nationwide which includes access to the Halfords ‘wefit’ service
- 25% off the entire Power Maxed range, the market leaders in maintenance products for your car
- Claim up to £100 back on Pirelli tyre purchases
- Competition and road car tyre discounts at Protyre, plus £25 MOTs
- Discounted RAC breakdown cover
- 20% off IAM Roadsmart advanced driving courses
- Preferential rates at 80 hotels around the country with Hilton, Doubletree, Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Hotels
- 10% off Avis car rental
- Discounts on DFDS continental ferry crossings
- Exclusive deals on ferry crossings to Ireland with Nutt Travel
- Discounts on tickets to major Silverstone events including the Formula One British Grand Prix, plus savings on driving experiences
- Discounts on race meeting tickets, plus 15% off experience days at Castle Combe Circuit
- Discounts on motorsport experience days and Knockhill Circuit events including 2 for 1 tickets to race events
- Omologato is offering exclusive discounts on its stylish racing-inspired watches
- 20% off motorsport merchandise, including authentic team replica clothing and accessories at Grandstand Merchandise
- 10% off branded overalls and £25 off a £250 spend at Grand Prix Racewear
- 15% off Motorsport UK clothing and accessories, plus access to Revolution, Motorsport UK’s official monthly magazine.
- Coming soon – 6p per litre discount on diesel from BP, Shell and Esso forecourts.
HOW MUCH IS A K-X LICENCE GOING TO COST ME?
Nothing! The licence is free of charge. Club100 will be paying for your licence as part of your championship registration process.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE K-X LICENCE?
Once you have registered for your championship via the Club100 website, we will send you, by post, a Motorsport UK licence application form.
It’s a simple form to complete. However, you will need to have a passport photo to attach to the form.
We will be providing a stamped addressed envelope to send your completed form to Motorsport UK, where your application will be processed. Simple!
DO I NEED A MEDICAL?
In the first instance there is NO MEDICAL, you will self certify your fitness to race as part of the licence application, but you must complete the application honestly. Any medical condition must be declared. If you disclose a health condition that may effect your safe participation, may you then be required to take a medical assessment.
WHAT IF I FORGET MY LICENCE?
If you forget to bring and present your licence at registration, you will not be eligible to race, unless you pay the non-disclosure of licence fee.
So please DO NOT forget your licence!
WHAT IF I AM A NEW DRIVER WANTING TO RACE LAST MINUTE, OR HAVE A NEW TEAM MATE FOR ANY GIVEN RACE WEEKEND?
Not to worry, they can race on the completed application form, submitted with a passport sized photograph at signing on, on the day of the event. This will be subject to previous racing experience and after an initial evaluation.
WHAT IF I ALREADY HOLD A VALID COMPETITION RACE OR KART LICENCE?
Then you don’t need to apply for a K-X licence. Just present your current licence, it will be acceptable.
WHAT DOES NOT CHANGE IN 2020?
- The way we run our events.
- You will not notice any significant changes, you will still be dealing with all your friends and staff you know, in the same family friendly atmosphere.
- There will be no Motorsport UK Steward overseeing our event.
- We will continue to promote our close, hard but fair racing policy, with our officiating and penalty system.
Just don’t forget your licence!
THERE MUST BE A CATCH HERE! WHAT’S THE BAD NEWS?
We do have a couple of items to bring to your attention.
- Helmet Cameras will no longer be permitted. We will have an alternative solution for you to allow you to continue to film your fun.
- We will be scrutinising your race suits and helmets. They must be in good condition. No rips or tears in your suit. No damage to your lids!
CLUB100 RACING INTO THE FUTURE
Club100 Racing started back in 1993 with a 6 round sprint championship at Buckmore Park, using a fleet of 12 Zip chassis and second hand TKM BT82 engines.
Now, moving into our 27th season, running multiple championships across 5 formats and visiting no less than 10 circuits in England and Wales, our fleet is 45 Birel N35X Chassis, with Rotax Evo engines strong.
Our partners at Alpha Timing and Alpha Live have enhanced our technology, providing the best results and administration system, together with HD quality live streamed events.
Our social media has taken to new heights across all of our platforms and has attracted new partners into the fold.
We have certainly come a long way.
Today we are realising recognition from our sport’s governing body, Motorsport UK, to which we are very proud to become members of.
Since 2018 Motorsport UK, led by their new chairman David Richards and CEO Hugh Chambers, have a new impetus and ambition to grow the sport in the UK. Their recognition of all Karting disciplines is welcomed and will not only increase the membership, but will create new revenues to use and implement improved services and projects, of which we will be part of going forward.
Thank you for your continued support.